Join Saul in beautiful Joshua Tree, California for the 8th annual Shaktifest. A long weekend of devotion, conenction and practice with the Bhakti Community.
May 9-13, 2019
Please join me and an incredible lineup of yoga teachers, Kirtaniyas, Musicians, Healers and Yogi’s for this year’s Shaktifest. I will be sharing classes and kirtan again this year and grateful to be co-leading the PRE-FESTIVAL IMMERSION ‘Bhumi Bhakti: Yoga, Climate and Earth Activism.
If you don’t have tickets yet – we have got you covered!!! We have great deals on Artist tickets, over $75 off the regular price and a special offer as well. In this festival model, the artists and teachers help to sell tickets, which supports the festival and reduces festival overhead. But in order for it to work the artists have to sell their tickets, so we really appreciate it when you buy artist direct, it helps us to be at the festival and also supports the festival. Thank you!
Discounted ARTIST Tickets
Festival artists and teachers have discount tickets available – they are $200 each ($90 off the regular festival price). Discounted to $175 each if you buy two tickets.
You can purchase directly below through paypal. Please specify ‘shaktifest tickets and the amount of tickets. Once we receive payment we will email you the code to get your ticket. It’s that simple !
Or you can email us for discounted artist tickets > [email protected]
Pre-Festival Intensive on Thursday May 9th
Yoga, Climate & Earth Activism
Thursday May 9, 2019 1-6 pm
(with short breaks every few hours)
only $54 for this 5 hour immersion
with Saul David Raye, Govind Das & Radha
and special guests Philip Price & Amber Brovelli from ElephantsNow.org
and special musical guests Jim Beckwith, Rick Franz & Lindsey Deperi ( Graced Kirtan)
Join us for Bhumi Bhakti (Devotion for Mother Earth) an informative and empowering immersion to awaken and nourish the natural connection between our devotion, our yoga practice and our innate earth activism.
Climate change is the essential issue of our times. The time is now.
There are many causes and effects of climate change, but at the root of them all is our relationship to mother earth and to all of nature. The yoga tradition along with other indigenous wisdom traditions has long held a deep reverence and understanding of a living and conscious Mother Earth (Bhumi Devi). The understanding that we are all entwined with Her; physically, energetically, mentally & spiritually; we are all her children. Now more than ever we must awaken and act for ourselves, future generations and all of life. Both as individuals and as a community, we must become more aware of our actions and choices and how they affect the web of life. And what we can all do to become earth activists, raise awareness and join the global revolution for conscious change and planetary awakening for everyone.
This full afternoon immersion will include discussion and lecture of earth ecology, Full yoga practice with chanting, meditation and essential empowerment tools for all of us to be a part of the solution every day.
We will also explore:
• Historical & Philosophical Roots of EARTH ACTIVISM within the Yoga tradition ( Important points)
• The importance of leading with Feminine wisdom in yoga, life and the challenge of climate change
• Yoga’s indigenous heart wisdom within Bhakti, Tantra & Vedanta
• Yoga Practices for harmonizing and connecting with the EARTH’s Energy
• Mantras & Prayers for Earth healing Connection
• Developing the Heart ~ intuition, empathy and compassion
• Yoga as Earth Seva (Loving service)
• The practice of Ahimsa as the foundation of Compassion
• Living as an EARTH Ambassador / Earth Activist
• Tools for inspiring and sharing this wisdom with others
• Ecology for the animals and protecting the earth
• Visioning a new earth and the role of yoga within it
• Coexistence and preservation of our Wild Places
• Elephant Ecology: Natures Guardians
• Ceremony for the Earth and all relations
Be the Change. Now more than ever.
A portion of the proceeds will go to planting trees drought tolerant edible trees in Joshua Tree.
You must be registered for the Shakti Fest weekend in order to participate in the intensives.
Please email for discount festival tickets – [email protected]