Join Saul in Manitou Springs, Colorado at Sun Mountain Retreat Center for the Earth & Sky Module of the 300 Hour Atma Yoga Teacher Training Program.
This module of the Atma Yoga 300 hour Advanced Studies Program is open to teachers and dedicated students who wish to deepen their practice and teaching of holistic, heart/soul centered yoga. In this module we dive deeply into yoga as a sacred practice, through an approach that truly integrates the universal wisdom of both earth and sky (embodiment / transcendence, mind/heart, shadow/light, etc). We will refine foundational practices, teaching techniques and understanding of all aspects of Yoga. This module may be taken alone or as part of our 300 hour program.
Drawing deeply from the root yoga practices of Tantra, Vedanta, Bhakti and Ayurveda we will also explore other sacred wisdom teachings that vibrate with the universal understanding of and embodied approach to yoga and life. There will be support for each student to go at their own pace and rhythm to integrate these teachings into practice, life and sharing with others. A balanced and energetic approach to yoga as a practice of embodiment, awakening and transformation. During these 10 day training modules we support each other in the journey of learning, teaching and sharing the practice of yoga. These modules are truly a deep dive into soul centered yogic life style to deepen our own practice and connection to source and to support others in that journey.
What is covered in this program:
* Earth + Sky wisdom teachings from Yogic Schools (Tantric, Vedantic, Bhakti), Indigenous and Universal sources
* Tantra / Vedanta as root practices of modern Yoga
* Daily Practice of Holistic Yoga practice (Asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha + dhyana)
* Intergating Ayurvedic Wisdom into your teaching
* Developing Intuition and Embodied Wisdom
* A Somatic approach to practicing & teaching yoga (Soma is sanskrit word!)
* Historical Timeline of Yoga and understanding of Yoga’s continued evolution
* Shakta Tantra & Shaiva Tantra
* Incorporating Tantric practices, principles & techniques into practice
* Teaching Meditation, Restorative practices + Deep relaxation
* Prana Vidya – Subtle Body Anatomy
* Power of Touch – Healing Adjustments
* Sacred Texts & Resources
* Heart Centered Teaching / Connecting to the Source
* Integrating fluid + circular teaching practices + techniques
* Practice teaching with feedback
* Holistic Sequencing & Teaching tools
* Practice / Class templates for different levels
* Sacred Ceremony
* Indigenous Path & Tools ~ Working with Medicine Wheel and the elements
* Healing Ayurveda + Holistic Nutrition
* Yoga Nidra practice + teaching
* Teaching tools to support others
* Ecstatic Chants: Kirtan, Prayers and Mantras
* Sangha ~ The power of Community
December 12 – 19, 2018
Cost is $1900 shared with 2-3 others or $2250 shared with one other person. Meals are included in the pricing.
Manitou Springs, Colorado