Join Saul in Calistoga Hot Springs, California this Fall for this module of the Atma Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training Program. The second module, Transformation, will be offered in 2019. The Atma Yoga Teacher Training program is Yoga Alliance certified and once you have completed the two modules and the additional requirements, you are eligible to apply for YA certification.
This module of the training develops a strong foundation, respect and understanding of Yoga, as a holistic, heart-centered practice that affects all levels of being. A sound knowledge of the basic principles, alignments and movements in the main postures, breathing techniques and Yogic process will be given; allowing the student to cultivate a deeper practice and experience of Yoga and how to guide others in that process.
There is an emphasis on coming home to our own body, mind, breath, and Spirit and grounding into a deeper connection and balance within oneself and the Universe.
Topics to be Covered:
• Science of the Soul – Holistic Yoga model for peace and conscious evolution
• Dynamic Yoga – Asana, Kriya, Pranayama, Mudra, Bhanda
• Yogic breathing, essential postures & meditation tools for health & longevity
• Asana – Action, Alignment & Energy
• Power of Touch – Hands on adjustments
• The Wisdom of Life – an introduction to Ayurveda
• Basic Anatomy and Physiology
• Nada and Bhakti Yoga – Healing chants & mantras
• Sankalpa – the power of intention
• Sangha – support & importance of community
• Dharma – the root of Yoga
• Understanding Common Injuries & Alignment in postures
• Sacred Wisdom – the philosophy of Yoga, Tantra, Bhakti and Universal Love
• River of Yoga – understanding the history, flow and evolution of Yoga
• Props – how to effectively use props in a class
• Lunar Practice – Restorative Yoga / Yin Yoga
• Ritam Vinyasa – Holistic Healing yoga sequences
The cost of each module is $1850 including training, meals and accommodations.
This is a 8 day on-site immersion and is an incredible way to completely immerse yourself in the training but also helps to rejuvenate the Soul.