Embodiment > E A R T H Module
Deepen your Practice & Teaching!
Join Saul late summer in the beautiful Sequoias for our next teachers training immersion program. ‘Embodiment’ is our EARTH module, where we go back to the roots of practice and to nature. Drawing on the teachings of Hatha, Tantra, Bhakti, Ayurveda and nature’s wisdom we go deep into our own experience and the practice of living yoga.
For newer students this a beautiful foundation in an earth / heart centered approach to yoga practice and for more experienced teachers and students it is a return to beginners mind, a deepening in Yoga as a holistic practice that includes, meditation, pranayama, chanting, philosophy, Ayurveda and living practice.
Vedanta Retreat Center is nestled in the foothills of the sequoias and close to the hot springs where you can soak during the program. Daily practice, chanting, meditation, healing food and holistic teachings on the practice of yoga make this an inspiring and rejuvenating time.
Group size is limited allowing a deeper and more relaxed experience.
This module of the training develops a strong foundation, respect and understanding of Yoga, as a holistic, heart-centered practice that affects all levels of being. A sound knowledge of the basic principles, alignments and movements in the main postures, breathing techniques and Yogic process will be given; allowing the student to cultivate a deeper practice and experience of Yoga and how to guide others in that process.
There is an emphasis on coming home to our own body, mind, breath, and Spirit and grounding into a deeper connection and balance within oneself and the Universe.
Topics to be Covered:
• Science of the Soul – Holistic Yoga model for peace and conscious evolution
• Dynamic Yoga – Asana, Kriya, Pranayama, Mudra, Bhanda
• Yogic breathing, essential postures & meditation tools for health & longevity
• Asana – Action, Alignment & Energy
• Power of Touch – Hands on adjustments
• The Wisdom of Life – an introduction to Ayurveda
• Basic Anatomy and Physiology
• Nada and Bhakti Yoga – Healing chants & mantras
• Sankalpa – the power of intention
• Sangha – support & importance of community
• Dharma – the root of Yoga
• Understanding Common Injuries & Alignment in postures
• Sacred Wisdom – the philosophy of Yoga, Tantra, Bhakti and Universal Love
• River of Yoga – understanding the history, flow and evolution of Yoga
• Props – how to effectively use props in a class
• Lunar Practice – Restorative Yoga / Yin Yoga
• Being an Earth Ambassador / Yoga’s Essential Earth Activism
• Ritam Vinyasa – Holistic Healing yoga sequences
Vedanta Spiritual retreat is a beautiful and secluded property in California Hot Springs on 240 acres. It has wonderful hiking trails, is 5 minutes from the Hot Springs and 30 minutes from the giant Sequoias. The center is built by yogi’s and based on ancient Vastu with a harmonious and peaceful atmosphere. www.vshr.org
The cost of each module includes training, meals and accommodations.
• The main house is well appointed, comfortable and has high thread quality organic linens and each room has a private bathroom.
• The Glamping tents are also well appointed, comfortable and spacious. There is a bath house and toilet very close to the glamping tents.
• Double Occupancy w/ private bathroom in Main House – $2,100 (only 8 available)
• 3 or 4 Person Room w/ private bathroom – $1950 (only 4 available)
• Glamping Tent – $1800
• Tent Camping (Bring your own tent) – $1500
• Private room may be available, inquire for price.
To register email Natalie in the office at [email protected].