Module 1: BhaktiVeda: Bhakti Yoga & Healing Ayurveda Immersion
with Saul and special guest teachers
Dates to be determined
Bhakti is the heart of Yoga, to understand Bhakti is to understand the essence of Yoga. In the core teachings of Yoga, it is said that without bhakti, without devotion, without deep love – true knowledge & awakening are not possible. Join Saul and special guests for this 9 day immersion training in the magical valley of Ojai.
This training will focus on deepening the knowledge and experience of Bhakti, Ayurveda & Tantric Ha-tha Yoga for teachers & sincere students. We will practice & experience Bhakti Yoga through studying sacred texts, kirtan (chanting of sacred names), mantra practice, meditation, ritual, Yoga practice and learning how to lead kirtan and chanting ourselves. We will also focus on the study of Ayurvedic lifestyle principles; how to deepen our understanding of Ayurveda and how to help others with this great healing system. And of course daily study and deepening of heart centered, breath centered holistic yoga with Saul: asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, kriya, dharana and dhyana.
Bhakti Yoga Teachings
* Study Essential Bhakti Texts; Bhakti Sutra’s & Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads & teachings from masters on Bhakti
* Essential teachings: 9 modes of Bhakti & the Bhava’s of of Yoga
* Learning to sing and lead kirtans (no musical experience necessary)
* Understanding the Cosmic energies through the deities/Sacred storytelling to reveal deep truths
* Meditations, mantras & practices for strengthening the Heart: Developing deep Bhakti
* Teachings & understanding of the importance & power of the human Heart from Scientific & Metaphysical view points
* Integrating Bhakti, philosophy, kirtan & mantras in teaching and daily life
* Understanding the importance of all the Yoga’s Bhakti, Raja, Karma, Jnana, Tantra, Ha-Tha, etc ….and how they all fit together.
* Sacred Poetry – from great masters and your own …
* Darshana – Understanding Vedic philosophy; Bhakti, Tantra & Vedanta
Bhakti /Heart Centered Yoga Practice
* Deepening of Yoga Practice Asana, Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha
* Honing your teaching skills, adjustments, etc
* Assisting / Adjusting as a practice of love & devotion
* Thai Yoga Massage + Yogic Healing touch ( to deepen the power of touch)
* Bhakti & Prana Centered teaching practices and techniques
* Daily Ayurveda teachings & lifestyle
* Daily healing & nourishing Ayurvedic food
* Yogic & Ayurvedic Cleansing Techniques
* Prana Tejas & Ojas ( secrets of cultivating a long health life)
* Ayurvedic Beauty & Longevity secrets
* Ayurvedic cooking classes
* Integrating more Ayurveda into Yoga practice and life
Module 2: Earth & Sky Advanced Teachers Immersion: Focusing on the teachings of Tantra & Yoga
Earth & Sky: Sacred Circle Immersion
Dates to be determined
An Immersion for Teachers + Students who wish to dive deeply into an Embodied, Heart/Soul Centered Yoga Practice.
Drawing on the teachings of Yoga, Tantra, Shamanism & Universal Light.
9 day Residential program at a beautiful private residence in Ojai with healing Ayurvedic /Vegetarian food.
with Saul David Raye &
special guest teachers:
Drawing deeply from the root yoga practices of tantra, vedanta, bhakti and ayurveda we will also explore other sacred wisdom teachings that vibrate with the universal understanding of and embodied approach to yoga and life. There will be support for each student to go at their own pace and rhythm to integrate these teachings into practice, life and sharing with others. A balanced and energetic approach to yoga as a practice of embodiment, awakening and transformation. During these 9 day training modules we support each other in the journey of learning, teaching and sharing the practice of yoga. These modules are truly a deep dive into soul centered yogic life style to deepen our own practice and connection to source and to support others in that journey.
What is covered in this program:
* Earth + Sky wisdom teachings from Yogic Schools ( Tantric, Vedantic, Bhakti), Indigenous and Universal sources
* Tantra / Vedanta as root practices of modern Yoga
* Daily Practice of Holistic Yoga practice (Asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha + dhyana)
* Intergating Ayurvedic Wisdom into your teaching
* Developing Intuition and Embodied Wisdom
* A Somatic approach to practicing & teaching yoga (Soma is sanskrit word!)
* Historical Timeline of Yoga and understanding of Yoga’s continued evolution
* Shakta Tantra & Shaiva Tantra
* Incorporating Tantric practices, principles & techniques into practice
* Teaching Meditation, Restorative practices + Deep relaxation
* Prana Vidya – Subtle Body Anatomy
* Power of Touch – Healing Adjustments
* Sacred Texts & Resources
* Heart Centered Teaching / Connecting to the Source
* Integrating fluid + circular teaching practices + techniques
* Practice teaching with feedback
* Holistic Sequencing & Teaching tools
* Practice / Class templates for different levels
* Sacred Ceremony
* Indigenous Path & Tools ~ Working with Medicine Wheel and the elements
* Healing Ayurveda + Holistic Nutrition
* Yoga Nidra practice + teaching
* Teaching tools to support others
* Ecstatic Chants: Kirtan, Prayers and Mantras
* Sangha ~ The power of Community
Program Tuition – $1108.
Meals & Accommodations $1000
To reserve your space in the immersion, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is due upon registering.
If you are joining the 300 Hour program a one-time $200 administrative fee is also due at the time of enrolling in the program.
To register or if you would like more information, please email the office at email@example.com or call 323.418.2862.
Graduates of previous programs may inquire about our easy payment plan.
Module 3: Sun, Moon & Fire Teachers Immersion – The Confluence of Wisdom, Devotion and Spirit !
Dates to be determined
9 day training at a beautiful private residence in Ojai with Daily healing Ayurvedic and vegetarian food, community and daily practice of Yoga, meditation, pranayama and chanting.
In this module of the Atma Yoga SOUL Immersion & Holistic Yoga 3oo hour Advanced Studies Program we will hone our skills as passionate, committed teachers and students of this sacred art and science. We will dive deeply into therapeutics, yoga therapy, & holistic anatomy. With lots of hands-on adjustments, healing touch and practice teaching. As well as learning tools to deepen our spiritual practice and be authentic and inspired teachers. As in all modules there will be daily practice of yoga, pranayama meditation and chanting, living ayurvedic practices, nourishing organic food, sat-sang – learning together in all areas of yoga.
Included in this module:
* Daily Practice of Holistic Yoga practice (Asana, pranyama, meditation and chanting)
* Honing and deepening your teaching skills
* Yoga Therapy suggestions – working with Classes & Individuals
* Therapeutics within Asana + Pranayama
* Working with Injuries
* Detailed Holistic Yoga Anatomy Studies
* Seeing and Reading bodies
* Practice teaching with feedback
* Use of props / Modifications for poses
* Tools for Authentic Inspired teaching
* Creating inspired classes, teaching opportuinites
* Yoga Nidra + Deep Relaxation practices
* Assisting / ADJUSTMENTS
* Holistic Sequencing & Teaching tools
* Teaching different kinds of groups, classes and settings
* Guru-Twa- Listening & Connecting to your Inner Teacher
* Integrating the teachings in your own Authentic & empowered way
* Practicing & teaching Meditation
* Yogic Fire Ceremony for empowerment and success in Yoga
The 300+ hour Atma Holistic Yoga Advanced Studies Program is designed for experienced students and teachers who have completed any 200 hour teacher training program or for students who simply wish to take the modules to deepen their practice. Students have 2 years to complete the whole program, and can go at their own pace during that time.
There are 3 essential modules of the training program which fulfill 270 contact hours – these will be offered once each year. Students must take all of the 3 modules. There are also additional certification requirements for the 300 + hour program, which can be viewed below. Upon completion of all modules and requirements students are eligible for 300 hour advanced studies certificate.
270 Contact Hours:
Students must complete 270 contact hours. These are fulfilled buy taking the 3 essential modules listed below. All students of the 300 hour advanced studies program must complete all 3 modules.
300 HOUR ADVANCED STUDIES PROGRAM
1) Please Complete all requirements and send them to us electronically (we do this to minimize use and stress of the environment). You can photograph or scan them (easier to keep track of and better for the environment).
2) Please supply simple documentation or appropriate verification for each requirement.
Contact info for Ritam Healing Arts/Atma Yoga (with Yoga Alliance as Atma Yoga)
Po Box 1446, Ojai, CA 93024
300 HOUR ADVANCED STUDIES PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
1) Completion of the 3 core modules of the program:
• Bhaktiveda Module – 90+ hours
• Earth + Sky Yoga/Tantra Module- 90+ hours
• Sun Moon + Fire Module – 90+ hours
* This means full attendance at each module. If there are make-ups needed, please email the office.
Additional Requirements :
2) -Specialty/Elective Program(s) – 12 + hours
This elective will support the student in deepening an area of study/personal interest within the field of Yoga. Students will be responsible for choosing one or more specialty areas in more which they wish to deepen their studies. This will provide 12+ hours of additional hours of study. Examples for specialty study: Ayurveda, Prenatal Yoga, Teaching to Children, Yoga for Special Needs, Thai Yoga Massage, etc. Hours can be accumulated in multiple workshops.
· Log to be provided – Instructors signature required.
3) Assisting/Mentor Program – 15 hours
Trainees will be required to assist one or more times a week for duration of 12 weeks at a regular weekly class. Class should be taken with an experienced teacher who has been teaching for over 5 years and/or approved 500 hour YA senior teacher, experienced teacher or Atma Yoga Senior teacher if possible.
* Requirements – Log to be provided and completed. A simple description of your experience will be required as well.
4) Class observations – 15 hours (10 – 1.5 hour classes) Student must complete 10 hours of class observations. If you have completed this in the atma yoga 200 hour program or any other 200 hour program, there is no need to If you have completed in another program, please show documentation of completion. Please electronically submit previous completed log or use log form we provide with final package submission.
5) Teaching Video OR Audio Recording – Students will be required submit a teaching Video of 15 minutes to 30 or audio recording and will be given appropriate feedback on teaching.
*Please film a simple video (you can use any smartphone) and send to us via dropbox.com utilizing our account at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) -Teaching Classes – 15 + hours
Students must teach 15 hours (10 1.5 hour classes or equivalent). Class can be private, small group setting or regular classes if you are already teaching. At least Five of those classes must be a group of 2 or more people. If you are currently teaching then these classes will count. *We will send log for you to keep track of your teaching hours
7) Complete TWO (2)
Sacred Reading Projects & Book Reports – appprox 10-15 HOURS
Student must complete 2 book reports – these can be any
on the Topics of Yoga, Ayurveda, Tantra, Bhakti and/or Spirituality. The books should be inspirational to and previously unread by the student. Book must be started after enrolling in 300 hour program.
*Student will write a simple report – synopsis of book and what the student felt about the book. Please submit reports as part of your electronic package.
8) Yoga Seva Final Project
A final creative project to share your Yoga with the world. Choose from below suggestions or if you are inspired to do something else, please submit your project for approval via office. Some examples below:
· Write a paper about your journey or use of Yoga and how you have shared it with others.
· Create a specific course & teach it – Yoga based
· Art project – painting or drawings that you publish in print or
· Writing a Book (short or long)
· Donate your time & teach a regular class to people in need for 3
months (at least once a week) and write about your experience.
9) Final Feedback
Please share with us your experience taking the training. Please offer any feedback that you have for us about the program. And if you wish to, please share a personal testimonial about the program.
Contact Natalie at email@example.com for more information about the program including detailed costs, logistics and faculty list.