Module 1: Embodiment ~ Earth / Water – with Saul and Special Guest teachers
“He has no disease, nor old age, nor death, who has attained a body born of the fire of Yoga.”
~ Shvetasvatara Upanishad
To be determined
This module of the training develops a strong foundation, respect and understanding of Yoga, as a holistic, heart-centered practice that affects all levels of being. A sound knowledge of the basic principles, alignments and movements in the main postures, breathing techniques and Yogic process will be given; allowing the student to cultivate a deeper practice and experience of Yoga and how to guide others in that process.
There is an emphasis on coming home to our own body, mind, breath, and Spirit and grounding into a deeper connection and balance within oneself and the Universe.
• Science of the Soul – Yoga holistic model for healing, peace and conscious evolution
• Dynamic Healing Yoga – Asana, Kriya, Pranayama, Mudra, Bhanda
• Yogic breathing, essential postures & meditation for health & longevity
• Asana – action, alignment & energy
• Power of Touch – healing hands on adjustments
• The Wisdom of Life – an introduction to Ayurveda
• Anatomy, Physiology and Spinal Health – level 1
• Nada and Bhakti Yoga – healing chants & mantras
• Sankalpa – the power of intention
• Sangha – support & importance of community
• Dharma – the root of yoga
• Understanding & Healing Common Injuries & Misalignments
• Sacred Wisdom – the philosophy of Yoga, Tantra, Bhakti and Universal Love
• River of Yoga – understanding the history, flow and evolution of Yoga
• Props – how to effectively use props in a class
• Lunar Practice – Restorative Yoga / Yin Yoga
• Ritam Vinyasas – holistic healing yoga sequences
Module 2: Transformation ~ Sacred Anatomy/Fire
“There is a light that shines beyond all things, on earth, beyond us all, beyond the highest heavens.
This is the light that shines in our hearts.” ~ Chandogya Upanishad
Held at Mandala Yoga in Santa Monica, CA
This module of the training will take the student deeper into Yoga as a practice of alchemy and transformation and the study of sacred anatomy through an exploration into the physical, energetic, emotional and spiritual being. More advanced practices will be taught and the student will gain a deeper understanding and knowledge of Yoga on all levels.
In this module, there is an emphasis on meditation, pranayama and Ayurveda, as well as practical tools to support living an awakened and inspired life and supporting others in this process; becoming a keeper of the Sacred Fire.
• Yoga’s Holistic Process for Healing, Peace and Spiritual Awakening
• Holistic Anatomy – Physical, Energetic, Emotional and Spiritual
• Intermediate / Advanced Asanas & Pranayamas
• Meditation – awakening the Spirit
• Holistic Sequencing – form, movement, energetics and intention
• Detailing the KA Energy Body – Marma, Nadi Chakra
• 108 Marmas – yogic science of energy points
• Prana Vidya – the power of yoga, life and healing
• Pancha Koshas – map of the Self
• Effective teaching skills and Universal Ethics
• Practice Teaching and Sharing Yoga
• The Art of teaching Yoga and Guiding Students from the Heart
• Cultivating Prana, Tejas and Ojas – secrets of a radiant body, mind and soul
• Daily Healing Rituals through Yoga, Ayurveda & Tantra
• Homa – Fire Ceremony
• Spiritual Fire and Food – yogic diet and nutrition
• Agni Yoga and Ayurveda – tending the Inner Fire
• Bhakti Yoga – devotional yoga
• Healing Mantras, Chants and Prayers to awaken inner light
• Connecting to Source – Authentic Practice & Teaching
Students in the Atma Yoga: Soul Immersion and 200 Hr. Holistic Teacher Training program will learn the essentials of practicing and teaching yoga in a vinyasa style, centered in the heart, while gathering a deeper understanding of Yoga’s full scope and depth to positively impact all areas of life. Sangha (community) will be an important aspect of this training; an invitation to co-participate in a powerful group energy that creates the space for healing and transformation for everyone.
The group size is kept to an intimate gathering to allow deeper connections to happen in the whole group and life long friendships to develop and flourish. During this powerful time, if you are feeling moved to take a life-transforming journey into your true Self, awaken the magic and fulfillment of yoga, and share that light with others, then this program is for you!
Price per Module:
Training will be held at Mandala Yoga in Santa Monica, CA. This location is an ideal container to support the group energy that is created and we also have optional accommodations for those interested at an additional cost. For questions or more information please contact us at email@example.com or 323.418.2862.
The Atma Yoga: Soul Immersion & Holistic Teacher Training consists of 2 modules totaling 180 contact hours and 40 non-contact hours, as described below.
Module 1: Embodiment ~ Earth / Water
Module 2: Transformation ~ Sacred Anatomy / Fire
These modules are to be completed within 2-years of each other. After having completed both these modules, you have 1 year to complete the remaining non-contact hours.
1. Have full attendance at both modules.
2. Complete a Book Report.
3. Complete the Final Exam.
4. Fulfill the “Additional Requirements” listed below.
5. Sign the Ethical Agreement
1. Observe Classes
2. Practice Teach
3. Offer Seva
4. Take Classes
5. Maintain a Home Practice Log
Specific details on the requirements will be provided during the in-class modules.
Prerequisites for Teacher Training Program
Students should start with Module 1: Embodiment. If you are already certified as a Yoga teacher, then you may begin with Module 2, although Module 1 is recommended as the starting point.
– A minimum of two years of yoga practice is suggested
– An open mind and heart
– A passionate desire to go deeper into the practice and understanding of yoga on all levels
– Students don’t need to have the desire to teach, simply a passionate desire to study & practice holistic healing Yoga